ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard :
ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard is named after a specific kind of water current with strong waves that occurs in the ocean, representing the philosophy of sea’s double-side, calm and unlimited strength. Built around powerful gaming-related features, the ASRock B550 PG Riptide has given a powerful smash and immersed users in the sense of stability.
- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen™ 3000, 3000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 5000 and 5000 G-Series Desktop Processors
- 10 Phase, Digi Power, Dr. MOS
- Supports DDR4 4933+ (OC)*
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot, 2 PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1 Slot
1 M.2 Key-E for WiFi
- Graphics Outputs: HDMI
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC897 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
- 6 SATA3, 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)**
- 3 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Front Type-C, Rear Type-A+C)
10 USB 3.2 Gen1 (4 Front, 6 Rear), 8 USB 2.0 (6 Front, 2 Rear)
- Killer E3100G 2.5G LAN
Dr.MOS is the integrated power stage solution which is optimized for synchronous buck-set down voltage applications! Compared to traditional discrete MOSFETs, it intelligently delivers higher current for each phase, thus providing improved thermal result and superior performance to your ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard.
Premium 60A Power Choke
Compared to traditional chokes, ASRock’s premium 60A power chokes effectively make the saturation current up to three times better, thus providing enhanced and improved Vcore voltage to the ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard.
10 Power Phase Design
ASRock B550 PG Riptide featuring sturdy components and completely smooth power delivery to the CPU. Plus, it offers unmatched overclocking capabilities and enhanced performance with the lowest temperature for advanced gamers as well.
Killer™ Ethernet E3100
The Killer E3100 2.5 Gbps Ethernet controller is designed specically for competitive gamers and performance-hungry users. The enhanced detection and prioritization engine provides the ultimate networking experience for gaming and multimedia applications.
Intel® Killer™ Prioritization Engine
The Intel® Killer™ Prioritization Engine detects and optimally prioritizes over 1,000 different games, apps, and websites to deliver amazing online experiences, ensuring you get your lowest in-game latencies by prioritizing your gaming traffic above everything else in ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard.
AMD SMART ACCESS MEMORY
Conventional PC systems processor can only access a fraction of graphics memory and limits system performance. With AMD Smart Access Memory, the data channel gets expanded to harness the full potential of GPU memory, removes the bottleneck and increase performance.
PCIe 4.0 High Speed M.2 Solution
ASRock B550 PG Riptide is capable of accomadating multiple M.2 storage devices, one of which can even support next generation PCI Express 4.0 M.2 SSD, it is capable of performing twice the speed compared to previous 3rd generation, giving a lightning fast data transferring experience.
Lightning Gaming Ports (Patent Pending)
ASRock B550 PG Riptide Aimed for die hard gamers and enthusiasts! Lightning Gaming Ports are sourced from two different controller interfaces that assist gamers in connecting the high speed mice/keyboard with the lower jitter and latency!
Reinforced Steel Slot [PCIe 4.0 Version]
The reinforced steel slot is capable of supporting PCI Express 4.0 standard. The various benefits include:
✔ Extra anchor points
✔ Stronger latch
✔ Ensure signal stability
✔ Make sure heavy graphics cards to be well-installed.
ASRock Graphics Card Holder (Patent Pending)
Install your heavy graphics card on the holder; connect it to your ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard and chassis with screws. Flexibly slide up and down to perfectly adjust the height required for your graphics card in place.
RULE YOUR OWN LIGHTING WAY – POLYCHROME RGB
ASRock B550 PG Riptide deliver stunning performance and superior aesthetics to rule your own colorful lighting way! ASRock offers a very comprehensive control to perform the built-in RGB LEDs or the connected LED strips, CPU fans, coolers, chassis and any RGB devices smoothly. Devices can be synchronized across the Polychrome RGB Sync-certified accessories as well.
Front USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C
Front USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C header delivers up to 10 Gbps data transfer rate and next generation reversible USB design to the front panel of computer case.
Dual USB 3.2 Gen2 (Type-A + Type-C)
ASRock B550 PG Riptide has a pair of onboard Type-A and Type-C USB 3.2 Gen2 ports built on the rear i/o for supporting next generation USB 3.2 Gen2 devices and to deliver up to 10 Gbps data transfer rates.
M.2 (KEY E) For WiFi
Besides the onboard LAN port, users may also choose 802.11ac wireless connections by M.2 (Key E) slot.
Thunderbolt 4 AIC Header
Thunderbolt 4 is no longer limited to certain chipset; ASRock skillfully implement the Thunderbolt 4 technology supporting Hot-Plug onto AMD motherboards. All you need is a Thunderbolt 4 AIC card!
*1: Maximum three TB devices and one TB Monitor can be detected in one TB4 port. (Double in two ports)
*2 : USB Keyboard / Mouse on TB4 port cannot wake up the system from S3/S4.
*3 : TB monitor might not light up if “Above 4GB Decoding” option is disabled.
*4 : Does not support Thunderbolt graphics card box with AMD graphics card.
*5 : Only supports Cezanne, Vermeer, Matisse, Renoir processors.
Whether you are using headphones, a headset, external or internal speakers, via USB, Wi-Fi, analog output or even HDMI, Nahimic Audio offers you the most engaging listening experience, vibrant and rich with details in ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard.
Post Status Checker
An easy troubleshooting tool that shows the CPU / DRAM / VGA / BOOT operation every time you start up the system. Post Status Checker is an fast and easy way to identify the source of the problem in ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard.
HDMI 4k @60Hz
Supports the most recent HDMI 4K 60Hz graphics output specification. With the larger bandwidth and increased frame rate, the motion on your screen becomes more fluid and less blurry.
XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
Extra large aluminum alloy heat sinks that effectively take away heat from the MOSFET and chipset so that your whole system may perform more stable.
Premium Memory Alloy Choke
Specifically designed for memory power delivery, these new alloy chokes feature a highly magnetic and heat resistant design, thus delivering more stable and reliable power to the ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard and memory modules.
Matte Black PCB
A new mysterious matte black and copper color scheme to match the prestigious components on ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
2oz Copper PCB
Using only carefully selected copper materials for PCB layers, 2oz Copper PCB delivers lower temperature and higher energy efficiency for overclocking in ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard.
Full Spike Protection
Some sensitive digital components on the ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard are vulnerable to power surges, the excessive current may cause your system to malfunction immediately. ASRock Full Spike Protection includes various technologies to prevent your ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard components from being damaged by these unexpected voltage spikes.
Live Update & APP Shop
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can also easily optimize your system and keep your ASRock B550 PG Riptide Motherboard up to date with ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
|ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2|
– ASRock Front Panel USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Header (10 Gb/s)
– ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s)
– ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s)
ASRock Super Alloy
– XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
– Premium 60A Power Choke
– 50A Dr.MOS
– Premium Memory Alloy Choke (Reduces 70% core loss compared to iron powder choke)
– Matte Black PCB
– High Density Glass Fabric PCB
– 2oz Copper PCB
Killer 2.5G LAN
ASRock Lightning Gaming Port
ASRock Steel Slot Gen4
ASRock Full Coverage M.2 Heatsink
ASRock Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4x4)
ASRock POST Status Checker (PSC)
ASRock Full Spike Protection (for all USB, Audio, LAN Ports)
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
|– Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen™ 3000, 3000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 5000 and 5000 G-Series Desktop Processors*|
– Digi Power design
– 10 Power Phase design*Not compatible with AMD Athlon™ Processors.
|– AMD B550|
|– Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology|
– 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
– AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Vermeer) support DDR4 4933+(OC) / 4733(OC) / 4666(OC) / 4600(OC) / 4533(OC) / 4466(OC) / 4400(OC) / 4333(OC) / 4266(OC) / 4200(OC) / 4133(OC) / 4000(OC) / 3866(OC) / 3800(OC) / 3733(OC) / 3600(OC) / 3466(OC) / 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Matisse) support DDR4 4933+(OC) / 4733(OC) / 4666(OC) / 4600(OC) / 4533(OC) / 4466(OC) / 4400(OC) / 4333(OC) / 4266(OC) / 4200(OC) / 4133(OC) / 4000(OC) / 3866(OC) / 3800(OC) / 3733(OC) / 3600(OC) / 3466(OC) / 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– AMD Ryzen series APUs (Cezanne) support DDR4 4933+(OC) / 4733(OC) / 4666(OC) / 4600(OC) / 4533(OC) / 4466(OC) / 4400(OC) / 4333(OC) / 4266(OC) / 4200(OC) / 4133(OC) / 4000(OC) / 3866(OC) / 3800(OC) / 3733(OC) / 3600(OC) / 3466(OC) / 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– AMD Ryzen series APUs (Renoir) support DDR4 4933+(OC) / 4733(OC) / 4666(OC) / 4600(OC) / 4533(OC) / 4466(OC) / 4400(OC) / 4333(OC) / 4266(OC) / 4200(OC) / 4133(OC) / 4000(OC) / 3866(OC) / 3800(OC) / 3733(OC) / 3600(OC) / 3466(OC) / 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– AMD Ryzen series APUs (Picasso) support DDR4 3600+(OC) / 3466(OC) / 3200(OC) / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
– Max. capacity of system memory: 128GB**
– Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
– 15μ Gold Contact in DIMM Slots*For Ryzen Series APUs (Picasso, Cezanne and Renoir), ECC is only supported with PRO CPUs.
Please refer to below table for AMD non-XMP memory frequency support. For more details.Ryzen Series CPUs (Vermeer):Ryzen Series CPUs (Matisse):Ryzen Series APUs (Cezanne):Ryzen Series APUs (Renoir):Ryzen Series APUs (Picasso):SR: Single rank DIMM, 1Rx4 or 1Rx8 on DIMM module label x=1 or 2
DR: Dual rank DIMM, 2Rx4 or 2Rx8 on DIMM module label**Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
|– 256Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support|
– Supports “Plug and Play”
– ACPI 5.1 compliance wake up events
– Supports jumperfree
– SMBIOS 2.3 support
– CPU, VDDCR_SOC, DRAM, VPPM, +1.8V Voltage Multi-adjustment
|– Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU*|
– DirectX 12, Pixel Shader 5.0
– Shared memory default 2GB. Max Shared memory supports up to 16GB.**
– Supports HDMI 2.1 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 60Hz
– Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI 2.1 Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
– Supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) with HDMI 2.1
– Supports HDCP 2.3 with HDMI 2.1 Port***
– Supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD) playback with HDMI 2.1 Port
– Supports Microsoft® PlayReady
*Actual support may vary by CPU**The Max shared memory 16GB requires 32GB system memory installed.***Picasso supports HDCP 2.2 with HDMI 2.0 Port
|– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC897 Audio Codec)|
– Supports Surge Protection
– Gold Audio Jacks
– Nahimic Audio
|– 2.5 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000/2500 Mb/s|
– 1 x Killer E3100G (PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000/2500 Mb/s)
– Supports Killer LAN Software
– Supports Wake-On-LAN
– Supports Lightning/ESD Protection
– Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
– Supports PXE
|AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Vermeer and Matisse)|
– 3 x PCI Express x16 Slots (PCIE1: Gen4x16 mode; PCIE3: Gen3 x4 mode; PCIE4: Gen3 x1 mode)*
AMD Ryzen series APUs (Cezanne and Renoir)
– 3 x PCI Express x16 Slots (PCIE1: Gen3x16 mode; PCIE3: Gen3 x4 mode; PCIE4: Gen3 x1 mode)*
AMD Ryzen series APUs (Picasso)
– 3 x PCI Express x16 Slots (PCIE1: Gen3x8 mode; PCIE3: Gen3 x4 mode; PCIE4: Gen3 x1 mode)*- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slot
– Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
– 15μ Gold Contact in VGA PCIe Slot (PCIE1)
– 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT PCIe WiFi module*If PCIE2 or PCIE4 is occupied, PCIE3 will downgrade to x2 mode.
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
|– 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors|
– 1 x Hyper M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen4x4 (64 Gb/s) (with Vermeer, Matisse) or Gen3x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Cezanne, Renoir and Picasso)*
– 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports M Key type 2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)*
*If M2_2 is occupied, SATA3_5_6 will be disabled.
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
|– Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices|
– Supports RAID 0 and RAID 1 for M.2 NVMe storage devices
|– 1 x SPI TPM Header|
– 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
– 2 x RGB LED Headers*
– 2 x Addressable LED Headers**
– 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)***
– 1 x CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)****
– 5 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*****
– 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
– 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
– 1 x 4 pin 12V Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
– 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
– 1 x Thunderbolt™ AIC Connector (5-pin) (Supports ASRock Thunderbolt™ 4 AIC Card only)
– 3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
– 2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Headers (Support 4 USB 3.2 Gen1 ports) (ASMedia ASM1074 hub) (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x Front Panel Type C USB 3.2 Gen2 Header (Supports ESD Protection)*Support in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip**Support in total up to 5V/3A, 15W LED Strip***The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.****The CPU/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 2A (24W) fan power.*****The Chassis/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 2A (24W) fan power.
CPU_FAN2/WP, CHA_FAN1/WP, CHA_FAN2/WP, CHA_FAN3/WP, CHA_FAN4/WP and CHA_FAN5/WP can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
|– 1 x Antenna Bracket|
– 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port
– 1 x HDMI Port
– 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port
– 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)*
– 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)*
– 6 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)**
– 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
– 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
– HD Audio Jacks: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone (Gold Audio Jacks)
*USB 3.2 Gen2 will downgrade to USB 3.2 Gen1 when Picasso APU is installed.**USB3_56 are the Lightning Gaming Ports.
– ASRock Motherboard Utility (Phantom Gaming Tuning)
– ASRock Killer LAN Software
– ASRock Polychrome SYNC*
– ASRock Full HD UEFI
– ASRock Instant Flash*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
|– Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar|
|– Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield|
– 2 x SATA Data Cables
– 1 x Graphics Card Holder
– 3 x Screws for M.2 Sockets
– 1 x Standoff for M.2 Socket
|– Fan Tachometer: CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans|
– Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature): CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Fan Multi-Speed Control: CPU, CPU/Water Pump, Chassis/Water Pump Fans
– Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, CPU VDDCR_SOC, DRAM, CPU VDD 1.8V
|– ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 9.6-in, 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm|
– Solid Capacitor design
– 2oz Copper PCB
|– Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit / 11 64-bit|
|– FCC, CE|
– ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
– CEC Tier II ready