- ImagePerfect™ firmware supports 24×7 surveillance-optimized
workloads tunedto record ~90% of the time and play back video footage
the remaining 10%, andsupports more cameras recording at higher
resolutions than traditional drives.
- Workload rating of 180TB/year allows SkyHawk to perform reliably in
write-intensivesurveillance systems—3× the workload rating of a
- NVR-ready design allows drives to maintain performance in RAIDand
multi-drive systems, giving customers the flexibility to grow with the
booming NVR market and scale their systems when more storage is needed.
- ATA streaming support sustains recordings from up to 64 HD cameras for smooth, uninterrupted footage.
- Up to 10TB or over 2000 hours of HD video storage supports an
increased numberof cameras and helps to ensure longer data retention
periods are met.
- 1M hours MTBF, 3-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs.
- Lower power consumption means a reduction in heat emissions, which improves reliability in surveillance solutions.
- Tarnish-resistant components help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.
|Standard Model Numbers||ST4000VX007|
|Interface||SATA 6 Gb/s|
|Features and Performance|
|Drive Bays Supported||8+|
|Cameras Supported||Up to 64|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s)||190MB/s|
|Non-recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E14|
|Power-On Hours per Year (24×7)||8,760|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||180|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) (hours)||1M|
|Startup Current, Typical (12V, A)||1.8|
|Average Operating Power (W)||5.5 W|
|Idling Average (W)||3.2 W|
|Standby Mode/Sleep Mode, Typical (W)||0.25/0.25|
|Voltage Tolerance (5 V)||±5%|
|Voltage Tolerance (12 V)||±10%|
|Operating (ambient, min °C)||0|
|Operating (drive case, max °C)||70|
|Non-operating (ambient, min °C)||-40|
|Height (mm/in, max)||26.11 mm/1.028|
|Width (mm/in, max)||101.85 mm/4.01|
|Depth (mm/in, max)||146.99 mm/5.787|
|Weight (lb/g)||635 g/1.4 lb|
|Carton Unit Quantity||20|
|Cartons per Pallet / Cartons per Layer||40/8|