Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming (Wi-Fi) Motherboard INTEL® Z490 LGA 1200 ATX GAMING MOTHERBOARD FEATURING 16 POWER STAGES, AI OVERCLOCKING, AI COOLING, AI NETWORKING, WIFI 6 (802.11AX), INTEL® 2.5 GB ETHERNET, DUAL M.2 WITH HEATSINKS, USB 3.2 GEN 2, SATA AND AURA SYNC RGB LIGHTING
- Intel® LGA 1200 socket: Ready for 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors.
- Optimal Power Solution: 14+2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors.
- Optimized Thermal Design: MOS Heatsink with U-shaped heatpipe, extended VRM heatsink, dual onboard M.2 heatsinks, including a bundled fan bracket and additional MOS fan for improved cooling.
- High-performance Networking: On-board Intel® WiFi 6 AX201 (802.11 ax) and Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard.
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.4 output, and featuring dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C® connectors.
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools including AI Overclocking, AI Cooling and AI Networking, helping you configure your gaming build easily.
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS Flashback, Q-Code and FlexKey.
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and Gen 2 addressable headers.
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action.
The ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard is designed to cope with the demands of 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, with boosted power delivery and an optimized cooling design providing more surface area for heat dissipation. ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming features AI enhancements and intuitive dashboards to help you overclock and tweak various parameters easily. Performance aside, ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming catches the eye, sporting cyberpunk inspired aesthetics including a mirrored stainless steel finish.
POWER DELIVERY ENHANCEMENTS
1. The ProCool II socket is built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines and have a metal armour for improved heat dissipation. The connector’s lower impedance helps prevent hotspots and improves reliability.
2. ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming utilizes 14+2 DrMOS power stages to combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand.
3. Superior chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures and provide up to 110% better performance than the industry standard.
2. MOS Heatsink with U-shaped Heatpipe : The U-shaped design allows rapid and even heat transfer from the VRM to the extended MOS heatsink for better performance and wattage resistance. In addition, the MOS heatsink provides a large contact area for MOSFETs and chokes.
3. Extended VRM heatsink : The extended heatsink at the end of heatpipe increases thermal mass to offset the additional heat generated by high voltage, lowering temperatures by up to 5°C.
4. Dual M.2 Heatsinks : The M.2 heatsinks keep the M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
COOLER BY DESIGN
1. Multiple Temperature Sources : Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling. And all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
2. 4-pin PWM/DC Fan Header : Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
3. AIO Pump Fan Header : A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
4. Water Pump Header : A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
1. AI Overclocking : Tuning is now faster and smarter than ever before. AI Overclocking profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration for each system.
2. AI Cooling : AI Cooling automatically manages and controls motherboard connected fans, ensuring the most efficient settings depending on the current system load and temperature.
3. AI Networking : GameFirst VI optimizes and organizes network bandwidth, effectively reducing jitter and eliminating spike lag to ensure smooth online gameplay.
UNDENIABLY ROG STRIX
|CPU||Intel® Socket 1200 for 10th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors|
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0**
* Refer to Asus website for CPU support list
**Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 support depends on the CPU types.
|4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 4600(O.C)/4500(O.C)/4400(O.C)/4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/|
3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
|Graphic||Integrated Graphics Processor|
1 x DisplayPort 1.4 *
1 x HDMI 1.4b
*Graphics specifications may vary between CPU types.
**Support DisplayPort 1.4 with max. resolution of 4096 x 2304 @60Hz. Please refer to Asus website for any update.
|Multi-GPU Support||Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI® Technology|
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
|Expansion Slots||Intel® 10th Gen Processors|
2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
Intel® Z490 Chipset
1 x PCIe 3.0 x4 (x4 mode)
3 x PCIe 3.0 x1
|Storage||Total supports 2 x M.2 slots and 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports|
Intel® Z490 Chipset :
1 x M.2_1 socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x M.2_2 socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
|LAN||Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet|
|Wireless Data Network||2×2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax) support 1024QAM/OFDMA/MU-MIMO|
Supports up to 2.4Gbps max data rate
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160
Supports CNVI interface
*BT 5.1 function will be ready in Windows 10 build 19041 or later.
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A|
– Dual OP Amplifiers
– Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
– Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
– High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
– Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *
Audio Feature :
– SupremeFX Shielding™ Technology
– Gold-plated jacks
– Optical S/PDIF in port(s) at back panel
– LED-lit Audio Shielding
– Premium Japanese audio capacitors
– Audio Cover
* Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio.
|USB Ports||Rear USB Port ( Total 10 )|
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s)(3 x Type-A +1 x USB Type-C®)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(2 x Type-A)
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)
Front USB Port ( Total 7 )
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s)(1 x USB Type-C®)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)
|Special Features||AURA :|
– Aura RGB Strip Headers
– Addressable Gen 2 Header
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS USB BIOS FlashBack™
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Code
– ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
– ASUS Q-Slot
– ASUS Q-DIMM
DIY Friendly Design
– ProCool II
|Software Features||ROG Exclusive Software|
– RAMCache III
– ROG CPU-Z
– GameFirst VI
– Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer
– Sonic Radar III
– DTS® Sound Unbound
– Anti-virus software
ASUS Exclusive Software Features
– Aura Creator
– Aura Sync
AI Suite 3:
– 5-way Optimization with AI Optimization.
Fan Xpert 4
– EZ update
AI Optimization Guide
ASUS EZ DIY
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
– ASUS EZ Flash 3
– ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
|Back I/O Ports||1 x Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet|
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (3 x Type-A+1 x USB Type-C®)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1
4 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
1 x USB BIOS FlashBack™ Button(s)
5 x Gold-plated audio jacks
ASUS Wi-Fi module (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v5.0)
|Internal I/O Ports||1 x M.2_FAN connector|
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector
1 x W_PUMP+ connector
2 x Addressable RGB header
1 x AAFP connector
2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 connector support additional 1 USB ports(20-pin, Type-C)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 1 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & PCIE mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 2 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x System panel(s) (Chassis intrusion header is inbuilt)
1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x CPU_OV jumper
1 x Q-Code
1 x VRM_HS_FAN Header
1 x ASUS Fan Holder
4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x Supporting DVD
1 x MOS Cooling kit (fan bracket and 40mm x 40mm fan)
1 x ROG Strix stickers
1 x Cable ties pack(s)
1 x Extension Cable for RGB strips (80 cm)
1 x Extension cable for Addressable LED
1 x Thermistor cable(s)
1 x ROG Thank you card
1 x 2-in-1 Rubber pad
1 x Wi-Fi moving antenna
1 M.2 SSD screw package(s)
1 ROG key chain
192 (128+64) Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS
|WOL by PME, PXE|
Windows® 10 64-bit
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor|
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )