Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard Based On AMD X570 Chipset, Features Intel WiFi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, ESS Sabre 9023P DAC With Texas Instrument Amplifiers, Supports DDR4 Upto 4866 MHz and is Equipped With a Rock Solid VRM.
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard
Upgraded power delivery, passive chipset cooling, and stealthy aesthetics allow the Crosshair VIII Dark Hero to strike from the shadows and form a menacing duo with AMD Zen 3.
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero boasts an optimized power design layout and all the cooling headers you need to handle the prodigious power of the latest AMD Ryzen processors.
Maintaining system stability is paramount under high load, so Crosshair VIII Dark Hero employs passive chipset cooling with large VRM and chipset heatsinks that strike the right balance between surface area and mass. Featuring premium components and multiple fan headers, Crosshair VIII Dark Hero is fully armed to provide the bes foundation for gaming systems.
Cooler by design
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero features the most comprehensive cooling options ever.
- Multiple temperature sources
Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling. All settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
- 4-pin PWM/DC fan
Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
- AIO PUMP
A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
ROG Water-Cooling Zone
Dual water-temperature headers and a flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, allowing you to track coolant temperatures and the flow rate of the entire loop.
- Water pump+
A dedicated header can supply over 3 amps to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
- Water in/out
A dedicated header enables monitoring of temperatures at the input/output points of any component.
- Water flow
A dedicated header enables constant monitoring of flow rate throughout the entire loop.
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero is packed with intuitive and flexible tools to allow customization across all system parameters to deliver the performance you want.
Performance Level Up
The dashboard-style control panel of AI Suite 3 lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero system with ease between performance, cooling, stability, and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero offers advanced connectivity, including WiFi 6 (AX200) and dual Ethernet with Intel® 1Gb and Realtek 2.5Gb Ethernet port to eliminate bottlenecks so you can enjoy exceptionally smooth online and LAN play. Additionally, the M.2 supports AMD StoreMI technology to maximize the speed of your SSD for faster load times, and SupremeFX on-board audio provides superb sound, while saving a PCIe slot+
- WiFi 6 (AX200) – Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) supports ultrafast wireless-networking speeds, improved capacity and better performance in dense WiFi environments, providing exceptional online gaming experiences. *Pair your motherboard with ASUS WiFi 6 routers to fully experience the networking potential of WiFi 6. Find out more about ASUS WiFi 6 solutions:
- REALTEK 2.5G LAN – 2.5G on-board Ethernet kicks your LAN connection up a notch with an up to 2.5X bandwidth improvement. Using your existing LAN cable, you can take advantage this networking upgrade to experience smoother, lag-free gaming, immediately stream high-resolution videos and enjoy faster file transfers.
- Intel® 1Gbps Ethernet – ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero features the latest Intel® Ethernet (I211-AT) ensuring data exchanges with your network and the outside world are fast and smooth. Intel LAN reduces CPU overhead and increases TCP and UDP throughput, keeping more processing power.
- UNTHROTTLED TRANSFER SPEED : Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 Slot support up to 22110 and provide NVMe SSD RAID support for an incredible performance boost. Create a RAID configuration with up to two PCIe 4.0 storage devices to enjoy the fastest data-transfer speeds on the AMD Ryzen™ 5000 and 3000 Series desktop processors.
- PCIe 4.0 READY – AMD STOREMI : AMD StoreMI technology is a software utility that accelerates any drive for better system responsiveness with reduced startup and software load times. It combines SSD performance with the affordability and capacity of an HDD by automatically moving frequently accessed data to dedicated SSD storage.
ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality. There’s also a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op amp for high gain with low distortion — all to produce unmatched audio quality.
- Audio Line Shielding : Blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
- ESS® ES9023P : The ESS® ES9023P digital-to-analog converter creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of 112db DNR /-94dB THD+N for superior front-panel output
- S1220 Codec : 10 DAC channels provide simultaneous 7.1-channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front-panel outputs
- Switching MOSFETS : Unique design allows the codec’s impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone output
- Nichicon® CAPS : Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
In addition to extraordinary performance, ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero provides extensive styling and customization options to let you build a system that truly stands apart.
|CPU||AMD AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ 4000 G-Series/ 3000 Series/ 3000 G-Series/ 2000 Series/ 2000 G-Series Desktop Processors|
|Memory||4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 4866(O.C)/4800(O.C.)/4600(O.C)/4400(O.C)/4333(O.C.)/4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3800(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3200/3000/2933/2800/2666/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory|
4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 5100(O.C)/5000(O.C)/4866(O.C)/4800(O.C.)/4600(O.C)/4400(O.C)/4333(O.C.)/4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3200/3000/2933/2800/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3200/3000(O.C.)/2933/2800/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
4 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 3200/3000(O.C.)/2933/2800/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
AMD Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series Desktop Processors
AMD RyzenTM 2000 Series Processors
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
ECC Memory (ECC mode) support varies by CPU.
|Multi-GPU Support||AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ 4000 G-Series/ 3000 Series/ 2000 Series Desktop Processors>|
AMD Ryzen™ 3000 G-Series/ 2000 G-Series Desktop Processors
Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI® Technology
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
Supports AMD 2-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
|Expansion Slots||AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ 3000 Series Desktop Processors|
AMD RyzenTM 4000 G-Series / 2000 Series Processors
AMD RyzenTM 3000 G-Series / 2000 G-Series Processors
2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 mode)
AMD X570 chipset
1 x PCIe 4.0 x16
1 x PCIe 4.0 x1
|Storage||AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ 3000 Series Desktop Processors :|
AMD Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series/ 3000 G-Series/ 2000 Series/ 2000 G-Series Desktop Processors :
1 x M.2_1 socket 3, with M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIE 4.0 x4 and SATA modes) storage devices support
1 x M.2_1 socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
AMD X570 chipset :
1 x M.2_2 socket 3, with M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110(PCIE 4.0 x4 and SATA modes) storage devices support
8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s),
Support Raid 0, 1, 10
Realtek® RTL8125-CG 2.5G LAN
|Wireless Data Network||Supports PCIe interface|
2×2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax) support 1024QAM/OFDMA/MU-MIMO
Supports up to 2.4Gbps max data rate
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160
*BT 5.1 function will be ready in Windows 10 build 19041 or later.
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC|
– Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking, up to 24-Bit/192kHz playback
– Dedicated audio PCB layers
– Unique de-pop circuit
– Audio Cover
– Premium Japanese audio capacitors
– Power pre-regulator: Reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance
– Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
– High quality120dBSNR stereo playback outputand113dBSNR recording input
– ESS® ES9023P
– Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
Audio Feature :
– SupremeFX Shielding™ Technology
– Gold-plated jacks
– Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
* Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio.
|USB Ports||AMD Ryzen™5000 Series / 4000 G-Series/ 3000 Series Processors :|
AMD Ryzen™3000 G-Series / 2000 Series / 2000 G-Series Processors :
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s)
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)
AMD X570 chipset :
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
6 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)
|Special Features||– ASUS USB BIOS FlashBack™|
– Aura RGB Strip Headers
– Addressable Gen 2 Header
ASUS EZ DIY :
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Code
– ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
– ASUS Q-Slot
– ASUS Q-DIMM
– ASUS Q-Connector
|Back I/O Ports||1 x BIOS FlashBack™ Button(s)|
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi Module
5 x Gold-plated audio jacks
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) ports
8 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (up to 10Gbps) ports ()
1 x Anti-surge 2.5G LAN (RJ45) port
Anti-surge LAN (RJ45) port
|Internal I/O Ports||2 x M.2 Socket 3|
2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
2 x Addressable Gen 2 header(s)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x TPM connector(s)
8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
3 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector
1 x H_AMP fan connector
1 x W_PUMP+ connector
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Slow Mode switch(es)
1 x Reset button(s)
1 x Node Connector(s)
1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
1 x Safe Boot button
1 x ReTry button
1 x System panel connector
1 x T_Sensor Connector
1 x W_IN header
1 x W_OUT header
1 x W_FLOW header
1 x Start button
1 x Speaker connector
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (up to 10Gbps) connector
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector support additional 2 USB ports
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
|Accessories||1 x M.2 SSD screw package(s)|
4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x Supporting DVD
1 x ROG big sticker
1 x Q-Connector
1 x Wi-Fi Antenna(s)
1 x Extension Cable for RGB strips (80 cm)
1 x Extension cable for Addressable LED
1 x ROG coaster(s)
1 x ROG Thank you card
|BIOS||256 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.2, ACPI 6.2|
|Operating System||Windows® 10 64-bit|
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor|
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )